The Askokan Farewell The now famous recording on this CD, Jay Ungar's haunting melody The Ashokan Farewell, has been arranged for violin and band by John Perkins whose solo violin playing is widely recognised as a classic. It also has three unique distinctions: it was voted the highest new entry in the Classic FM Hall of Fame 2000 chart; the highest riser (35th) in the 2001 listing; and in 2003 it reached the dizzy heights of 6th to become the fastest ever climber!
This truly world class album of virtuoso solos is the most popular CD by a military band in the modern era and is a must for all serious music collectors.
The tracks are:
1. The Askokan Farewell - Ungar arr. Perkins
2. Rhapsody for Trombone - Langford trans Bryant
3. Traumerei - Schumann arr. Perkins
4. Rhapsody for Euphonium - Curnow
5. Clarinet Concerto in C - Shaw arr. Cole
6. Gabriel's Oboe - Morricone arr. Perkins
7. Trumpet Concerto - Arutiunian arr. Price
8. Xylophonist's Apprentice - Curtis
9. The Swan - Saint-Saens arr. Perkins
10. Flute Sonata No. 4 in C, BMV 1033 - Bach arr. Perkins
11. Evening Breeze - Whitcomb
Total running time 67 minutes. A Clovelly Recordings Ltd production
£12 incl p&p worldwide